PURE BALANCE HEALTH
Please note that we are currently unable to offer face to face postural assessments or physiotherapy until the NHS and The Chartered Society Of Physiotherapists deem it safe to resume face to face treatments.
Once face to face treatments are able to resume these will be undertaken using the recommended PPE for the safety of both the patient and therapist.
In the meantime our in house Physiotherapist Corinna Dennison will be offering Health Assessments & Physiotherapy via Zoom.
We have undertaken a through risk assessment of our physiotherapy clinic in line with HSE guidance as stipulated by Government advice from Working Safely During Coronavirus (Covid-19) - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19
Welcome to Pure Balance Health, a professional service offering Physiotherapy, Osteopathy, Acupuncture and Massage treatments in a relaxing rural setting on the outskirts of Congleton.
Treatments are provided by highly experienced therapists, treating a wide range of conditions, providing holistic, individually tailored treatment programmes.
P H Y S I O T H E R A P Y
Physiotherapy is a scientific, evidence based hands on profession assessing and treating a range of health issues. Some of the conditions we can help with:
- Joints pains - acute injuries, repetitive strain injuries, arthritis, frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis), knee pains
- Spinal pain - chronic non specific/mechanical pain, acute spinal pain - prolapsed disc, sciatica, whiplash injuries
- Women's (men's) Health - stress and urgency incontinence
- Pregnancy - pelvic pain, back pain, sciatica
- Fractures - rehabilitation following fractures
- Sports injuries - muscle strain/sprain, shoulder dislocation, knee and ankle injuries
- Rheumatological conditions - management of acute flare ups and guidance on long term management of conditions such as ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis
This list is not exhaustive, if you have an ailment and want to know if we can help please contact Pure Balance Health on 01260 275561 0r email
What to expect?
A detailed assessed will be undertaken to establish the underlying cause of your problem. Treatment planning is done with you and is aimed at promoting healing, restoring function and correcting muscle imbalances. Treatment is likely to include guidance on managing your pain, ergonomics and addressing daily or sporting stresses on the body.
Exercises prescription allows you to self treat and have more control of your body/symptoms. Treatment may also include manual therapy (joint mobilisations, soft tissue techniques), electrotherapy (ultrasound, interferential, TNS, combined therapy), taping or a course of acupuncture.
A C U P U N C T U R E
Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medicine that dates back thousands of years and has become increasingly popular in the Western world. It can work well as an adjunct to physiotherapy.
There are studies to look at the effects of acupuncture and theories include:-
-The pain gate theory - stimulation of nerves to block pain signals to the brain
- Release of hormones such as serotonin, endorphins and melatonin, promoting the bodies own way of managing pain, relaxing, improving sleep and promoting the feeling of well being
- Release of trigger points to alleviate tension in specific muscles.
What to expect?
A detailed medical history and history of your current complaint will be taken. Fine (disposable) needles are inserted into specific points in the body. They are twisted and stimulated gently to encourage a good treatment response. Treatment is performed by a qualified clinician.
Acupuncture is not suitable for everyone and will not be used in:-
- uncontrollable limb movements
- into limbs that have lymphedema
- certain points during pregnancy
- in areas where relaxation of muscles could prove detrimental - ie potential spinal cord compression
- needling over scars or recent surgical sites
- into joints where clients are on medication to thin the blood
If you have any queries please feel free to contact us:
Tel - 01260 275561